Hayley Welling receives outstanding award
Tuesday September 26th the very best in hairdressing celebrated the 2009 Hair magazine awards - the Oscars of the hair industry. Legendary hairdressers including Nicky Clarke, Trevor Sorbie, Errol Douglas, Sacha Mascolo-Tarbuck, Richard Ward and Andrew Collinge, attended the event, sponsored by KMS California, to find out who would be crowned Ultimate Hairdresser, Best Nationwide Salon and hot new talent.
Among the guests attending the stylish party at Il Bottaccio in London were Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt, Donna Air, VV Brown, Tamara Ecclestone, Jenny Frost – stunning in a red gown and St Trinian’s star Tamsin Egerton.
Lauren Laverne co-hosted the event with Louise White, Editor of Hair. VV Brown and Jodie Harsh entertained guests with dj sets and the crowd partied until midnight sipping cocktails themed on hair entitled the shag, bob and California wave.
The Hair magazine winners are as follows:
- Best Regional Salon Group: Andrew Collinge Hairdressing
- Best Local Salon (salons outside London): The Chapel, Tunbridge Wells
- Best London Salon: The Chapel, Islington
- Nationwide Salon Group of the Year: Toni & Guy
- Best High Street Haircare Retailer: Boots
- Best Online Haircare Retailer: Lookfantastic.com
- ‘I want that hair’ award: created by Yesmin O’Brien from Seanhanna
- The Best celebrity Hair look of 2009: Jennifer Anniston created by Chris Macmillan KMS California
- New Talent Award: Hayley Welling from Ciente
- Best Salon Stylist: Mark Woolley of Electric Hairdressing
- Special Recognition award: Trevor Sorbie for the My New Hair initiative
- Hair Magazine Ultimate Hairdresser: Andrew Barton